This is for my 4D foundations students but I thought I would share.
Embedding is a way to seamlessly insert content into your website or blog. Embedding content makes the browsing experience easier for your site visitors, since they do not have to search and click around for your content.
Here is an example of an embedded sound file:
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/8972586″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_artwork=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
1. You may elect to share your entire Soundcloud profile (which will embed all of your Soundcloud sounds in a playlist) rather than sharing one sound file at a time. Either way, find and click a share button:
5. In the dropdown area containing more options, you will have the ability to select and copy a string of code. Then,
– If you are using a Weebly site: Copy the top HTML code beginning with <iframe (inline frame). Then jump to step 8.
– If you are using a WordPress site: Copy the WordPress code, a special kind of code for WordPress sites.
6. Paste the code from your clipboard into the text area you normally use to compose your blog posts or pages.
7. For a cleaner look, you may set _showartwork=true to _showartwork=false. Save draft and/or publish and viola! You have successfully embedded sounds into your website or blog.
9. Click Edit Custom HTML and paste the iframe code from the clipboard.
10. Publish the post or page and viola! You have successfully embedded sounds into your website or blog.